People have been fairy gardening for centuries. It’s a form of gardening that provides year-round interest and is designed to lure fairies and good luck to your home. Because fairy gardening can only be limited by your imagination, it makes it a great hobby that anyone (especially kids!) can tend to.
What you need to get started:
- A Container – anything from a small pot to an old drawer – use your imagination and creativity!
- Tropical Soil
- Miniature Plants
- Stones for drainage
- Decorative Sand & Small Stones
- Moss (optional)
- Decorative Accessories
Steps to making your fairy garden:
- Place the stones in the bottom of your container (this will provide drainage), and fill it with soil. It should look something like this:
- Plant miniature plants to create a landscape. We have a HUGE selection of miniature plants in store!
- Add sand and stones to decorate the new landscape:
- Add fairy accessories… your options are endless!
Visit us in store for all the supplies you need to get started on your fairy garden! Here’s a great article about the emergence of fairy gardening and it even has some great examples/ideas! And for even more inspiration, visit our Pinterest Page.
About the Author
Position at BGHL: Indoor live good supervisor
How long you have been with the company: 15 years
Favorite Plant or Flower: Daffodils
Share this Post