There is nothing worse than trying to sit outside on a beautiful summer’s eve to enjoy the wonderful weather we are having when all you hear is that buzzing noise of a mosquito in your ear. How frustrating is that? There a number of options available to help fight off these insects that just have a knack of ruining a great evening.
We do sell some products that help to fight off these pesky insects…
- This is a liquid made from very strong garlic. Garlic has a natural sulfur that repels mosquitos and is harmless to plants and animals.
- A chemical insecticide that is used outside to control a wide variety of insects.
Green Earth Bio-Mist
- Contains the botanically derived insecticide pyrethrin.
- The smoke from the candles can confuse the insects and prevent them from smelling you.
For those who wish to take a more natural approach…
You can use the following plants that you can strategically place around your patio:
Ageratum (Floss Flower)
Another idea is to create an herb planter on your patio table with the following herbs:
For those who prefer to try “Home Remedies” here is a list of things to try:
- You can buy a Bat House – one bat can eat up to 600-1200 mosquitos per hour.
- Put lemon dish soap on plates away from people; they are attracted to this.
- Put used coffee grounds in any standing water – this kills the eggs.
- Make your own homemade repellant by mixing the following ingredients together in a garden sprayer and spraying your grass and plants:
- 1/3 part stale beer
- 1/3 part Epsom salt
- 1/3 part mouth wash (with alcohol)