Give your garden four seasons of interest with low-maintenance ornamental grasses. In addition to their versatility, ornamental grasses come in a wide range of colours, textures and heights. Grasses can be used in many ways for landscape design, the possibilities are truly endless.
In a snapshot, a couple points of why we think grasses are wonderful:
- Ornamental grasses can be used for low ground cover, or used as edging for a boarder or in tubs or containers.
- With a wide variety, there are grasses that are loose and floppy or formal and compact.
- Grasses can be used in combination with flowers, shrubs and vines. They also soften harsh surfaces of walls and walkways.
- Grasses are generally low maintenance other than hand pruning in spring. They can generally withstand harsh winters, diseases and pests. Once the grasses have been established, they are even quite drought tolerant!
- Tall varieties of grasses make a great focal point while others are perfect for grouping. Always consider the mature size of these plants before you plant them.
When designing with grasses you want to consider the size, textures and foliage colour. These are important qualities that will add character to your space and create a warm undertone for your senses.
If you would like to learn more about Ornamental Grasses, stop in to see Sandy at our Barrie location on Saturday July 12th 1-2pm for “Get High on Grass” seminar!
About the Author
Position at BGHL: Team Lead, Outdoor Live Goods
How long you have been with the company: 14 Years
Hobbies: Being active, Spending time with her grandbaby, and Gardening
Favorite Plant or Flower: Roses
Share this Post